I just realized this afternoon that this week is my two year anniversary of PaperCuts Invitation Design. Wow does time fly.
At this time in 2009 I was starting up my business and planning for my wedding in October. I wonder what I was thinking when I was deciding to do all this at once.
I cannot tell you how many wonderful clients I have had. Each client has been so different and just a pleasure to work with. I love that when each client comes in it is a different style and colour I get to work with. This is really helping to grow my portfolio and just to have the honour to help these couples out on their invitations makes me at a loss for words.
In two years I have learned a lot about myself and about business
- I can multi-task like a mad women when the pressure is on
- I may have creative blocks at time, but when the creative juices flow do they ever flow
- I love helping couples on a budget as much as I can
- I have learned that sometimes I just cannot accommodate everyone. Wither it be I just don’t carry the product or I cannot fit into their budget, it is okay, and I hopefully can steer them in a track they are looking for.
- Invitations are time consuming. Lots of folding and gluing.
- Every bride is different. They all have their unique wants and touches and it is exciting to see how I can make that come alive on paper.
- I cannot control every situation. Sometimes things are out of my hands for a little bit and you have to trust the people that I am dealing with.
- Keep every email from every client. I have had to go back and confirm stuff and it’s easier when it is in email form.
- Ensure that deposits are put down before doing anything, and final payments are paid out before product is handed out.
- I enjoy what I am doing, and although it can be stressful I know I can do this!